I finished notating "Colour of the Birds' Cries". I also discovered you can add emojis in Noteability Pro! It's so awesome!
I also ripped through every possible combination and ordering for setting up all my equipment and connecting the Arduino to Max. I could not find the reason for the connection issues the life of me. Then randomly during rehearsal the arduino did not connect at all. But the light was blinking saying that it was connected. It completely baffled me, so I opened the original Arduino to Max patch (not the bpatcher). I discovered that an external object [MRaverage] was randomly not loading properly, so it blocked the data! I was 100% within my file search path, so there is no reason why Max would have problems finding it. I have copied the object file and pasted it in more folders, as well as added the individual subfolders to the file preferences, so that my patches would for sure find at least one of the copies.
I normally use the Arduino to Max patch as a bpatcher, and the majority of the times when the connection failed it was in a performance/presentation situation, so I did not have the time to open up the original patch and look at the code. I also always assumed it was some sort of wifi connection error, and I have never seen my patches have issues with finding [MRaverage] before. It's also an oddity that this happened on two separate computers with two different file search paths; one of which already had [MRaverage] downloaded and working long before I started borrowing it. Also, whether it would load or not was completely random and inconsistent. And every other time I had opened the original patch to work on it, [MRaverage] had loaded properly, so it never occurred to me that something inside the patch could have been the problem. Especially since I've lived with extremely horrendous wifi for my entire childhood, so I always automatically think of wireless connection problems first. It's a fluke that takes a 1 in a million chance to catch. But at least I found it now!
Update: while [MRaverage] was a definite issue, I now have an inkling of doubt that it was not the only reason. See above post.
Welcome to the TRAVIS blog!
If you would like to see a summary of my work, please click here.