I re-printed the fingerboard to be as short as possible. I also added an undercurve to the header piece. However, I still found the fingerboard to be slightly too high and asked Aaron to shave off a bit from the ebony piece. He did that, plus added a small piece of wood for support. I found that this not only strengthens the fingerboard, but also makes the violin sound better and cuts out the majority of the buzzing that was happening before on certain notes. Now I am only getting buzzing on first finger, G string (A).
I also shortened the wires and added a clamp to keep the wires down and away from the bow.
Leave a Reply.
Welcome to the TRAVIS blog!
If you would like to see a summary of my work, please click here.