I've been working away trying to make the colour detection even more reliable. I added [onebang] to the colour detection and delays on resetting the [onebang]s so that it doesn't misfire as often. In general I'm still having the most troubles with sensing green on the twister mat. I realized the best playing technique with the twister mat is to roll the ball around to the colour I want, and once it is sampled, then lift the ball up off the ground to prevent it from accidentally selecting the wrong colour when I don't mean for it to.
I noticed that it is difficult to audibly tell how the accelerometer is affecting each colour section. I went through each and decided to make sure that the IR is very noticeable. That way I'm mostly focusing on the IR and FSRs during the performance and I just let the accelerometer do its thing, whatever that may be.
I'm considering maybe putting another filter on just before the master gain so that there is one unifying parameter for the whole patch. Not sure if it is a good idea or not.
Oh, and I'm allowed to have my brother be a guinea pig. Yay!
If you are looking for a summary for my Masters thesis, it is here.