I dug deeper into why the green on the twister mat has been so difficult. I found that it is being recognized fine, but the gate, controlled by putting a threshold on the clear, has been closing before the trigger for the green can get through. Then it would not change back to green once it can get through because the green's onebang would then need to be reset (because it already fired off). I improved the situation by
1) Add a [pipe 100] to the integer that turns off the gates (but left turning on the gate at its regular rate.
2) Have the "off" always resets the green [onebang], even when it is turned off for therest of the colours.
Now it seems a little too easy to accidentally trigger green when "off" is selected. But that's better than it not being sensitive enough. Luckily the sounds on green are my favourite for this piece. And with practice I know tricks to help prevent it from misfiring so it shouldn't be that bad.
Since the colours on the twister mat are so dark, I added a brightness function to turn up the colours a bit. Basically, you know it's where it needs to be if when you sample white, it is white.
I practiced on the hamster stand patch a bit too. I tried everything I could think of to reduce the latency that Graeme noticed on the FSRs, but I couldn't make any noticeable difference. It's funny that I'm not sure if I noticed any latency before on FSRs, but now that it was pointed out to me I definitely notice. I checked with the old demo patch and I think the latency is there too.
Leave a Reply.
If you are looking for a summary for my Masters thesis, it is here.