Trying to get all the work done that requires a makerspace ASAP. I 3D printed battery cases that I will glue onto the back of the disc inside the ball. I 3D printed a little case for the time of flight sensor, even though I'm not sure if I could get it working or not. But I lost the sensor this morning so I couldn't take it with me to measure the case to the sensor. I also sewed tubes to slide the LEDs in to help block the light. I wanted to double layer the fabric, but it was too difficult to sew. If the lights are still too bright, I can dim them more in the arduino sketch, but the dimmer they are, they don't show the true colour as well.
I found the time of flight sensor when I got home. I have made some adjustments to the case and will 3D print it again another time, assuming campus remains open.
I posted on the polulu forum asking about changing the address of the time of flight sensor. Apparently it is possible and I'll have to look into it. Of course I find that out after I ordered an I2C multiplexer... I've spent a lot of money for this project on stuff that I end up not using... :(
Here is where I blog about my progress with my Masters thesis. It is in no way meant to be "official" or in academic lingo. It's meant for me to quickly jot down my ideas and it helps when I go back to write the dissertation in the end,